June • July
Days To Celebrate (June):
• U.S. Open (golf) and NBA Finals (basketball)
• 8th: Best Friends’ Day
• 10th: Ice Tea Day
• 15th: Smile Power Day
• 17th: Father’s Day
• 21st: Summer Begins
• 26th: Beautician’s Day (Go to the salon!)
• 29th: Camera Day (Use Remy to take pictures!)
Days To Celebrate (July):
• 4th: Independence Day
• 6th: Fried Chicken Day
• 12th: Eat Jell-O Day
• 13th: Collector Car Appreciation Day
• 15th: Ice Cream Day
• 18th: Hot Dog Day
• 22nd: Parents’ Day
• 24th: Cousins’ Day
• 26th: Aunt and Uncle Day
• 29th: Lipstick Day
• What is something your Dad always said to you?
• How did your dad make you laugh?
• What was your dad’s job?
• What makes you proud of your dad?
• What activities did you and your dad do together?
• How many children were in your family?
• What was the best advice your dad gave you?
• Tell me about your dad. Where was he from? Where did he meet your mom?
• How many kids do you have? Gender, ages, occupations?
• What is your favorite part about being a dad?
• What activities did you do with your kids growing up? Favorite vacation?
• What was the best advice you gave your children?
• How did you discipline your kids?
• What are some of your happiest memories with your children?
• What is the hardest part about being a father?
• Tell me a funny story about your kids.
4th of July:
• How did your family celebrate 4th of July growing up? Fireworks? Picnics?
• Did you take any vacations during 4th of July? Where?
• Tell me your favorite 4th of July memory?
• What does Independence Day mean to you?
• What makes you proud to be an American?
• Tell me your favorite food to eat on 4th of July? Hot Dogs? Ice Cream?
• What makes America a great place to live?
• Have you been to the Statue of Liberty in New York City?
• Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If so, what did you see there?
• What is the most significant piece of history you can remember?
• Tell me your favorite memory of summer.
• Did you ever go on summer vacations? Where?
• What is your favorite part about summer? Hot weather? Beach? Ice cream?
• Did you ever attend summer camp? Did your kids ever attend summer camp?
• How did you spend your summer holidays? What were your favorite summer activities?
Memories of Relatives:
• How many cousins do you have? Were you close with them?
• Tell me stories of your cousins, aunts, and uncles growing up.
• Did they live near you? If not, did you visit them often?
• What are your happiest memories with your family?
• Did you ever have family reunions?
• Tell me a funny story about your family.
Your First Car:
• Tell us about your first car.
• Why was it special to you?
• What is your favorite memory with your car?
• Who taught you how to drive?
• How did you pay for your first car? How much?