All About You
About Your Life:
• Tell me about one of the most important people in your life.
• Share some important lessons you’ve learned in life.
• Share some of your earliest childhood memories.
• Are there any funny stories people tell about you from when you were growing up?
• What have you accomplished so far—personally and professionally—that makes you proudest? Why?
• Would you be willing to share a happy or sad memory with me?
• Thinking about future generations, and knowing that they may hear this recording, is there wisdom or advice you would like to share with them?
• Tell me about some traditions in your family. When and how did they get started?
• Are there any classic family jokes, stories, or songs you can share?
• Where were your ancestors born?
• What are some of the jobs/careers held by past generations of your family?
• Of all the family members you have either known or heard stories about, who do you think lived the most interesting life? Why?
• What is your favorite family holiday season? Why?
• Tell me about your parents.
• Tell me about your grandparents.
• Where did you grow up, and what was your childhood like?
• Share with me the story of how your parents or grandparents met.
• What were your kids like when she/he was growing up? Do you have any favorite stories about her/him?
• Do you remember any songs you sang to her/him when she/he was a baby? Can you sing any for me now?
Growing Up and School:
• Tell me about where you grew up and what your childhood was like.
• Did you like going to school? Why/why not?
• What are your most vivid memories of school?
• What did you do during the summer when you were off from school?
• What jobs did you have when you were a teenager? What did you do with the money you earned?